Monday, March 8, 2010

Cigar - another day another cigar

I am tempted to just write cigars, cigars, cigars, cigars, cigars. I don't know why I stopped at writing 5 cigars, it just seemed to be the right number to stop at.

I was in a quandary today as I got ready for work. Do I have a cigar on the way, or should I wait and have a cigar coming home? Or should I have a mild cigar this morning on the way to work, and then have a bolder one on the way home. Decisions, decisions. So just to be on the safe side I went to my favorite humidor and got a milder cigar, and then a bolder cigar.

Can't be too prepared for when the cigar muse needs to be appeased. And I merrily started on my way to work. I got up the road a bit and decided, what the heck. It is a nice day and I really could use a good cigar right about now. So I nipped the cap off of a Punch Gran Puro and fired it up. The Punch brand of cigar is another of my favs. I have never had a bad cigar from them.

And this cigar did not disappoint. A really nice flavor from the get go, held on to the ash quite well, creamy smoke, with a good draw. There is nothing worse that a cigar with a bad draw, though that usually means that the cigar could use a few more days in the humidor getting its moisture evened out. Or the cigar could have just been rolled a little too tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment