Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Good Cigar - Maybe

It could have been a good cigar. As a matter of fact it should have been a good cigar. It was from a good manufacturer. It had the right wrapper, and the right long fillers.

It should have been, but it wasn't a good cigar because one very important part of the equation had been missing. Humidity. It had not been stored in a good humidor while it was waiting for me to come buy it. And due to it not being stored at the correct humidity this potentially good cigar dried out.

I first noticed it being dry when I took it out of its wrapper, but didn't think too much of it. I was tired after work, and just wanted to get it lit so that I could start to relax on my drive home. And then the outer wrapper started to separate. That was when I knew I had a problem. I thought I could at least enjoy half before it got too bad, but that was not to be. I didn't even get a quarter of the way into it before I had to throw it away.

And that is a horrible thing to have to do with a good cigar. So let this be a lesson to all of you out there. Make sure the humidity on your stored cigars is at 70%, or else you are just drying your cigars out and you will end up throwing them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment